Avarca Avenue brings the native Spanish avarca sandal to South African shores.
Each pair is handmade in Spain, with the finest quality Spanish leathers. Our collection is made up of a wide range of leathers, textiles, colours and designs.
The Perfect Choice Because:
It’s versatile, durable, comfortable, casual, effortlessly chic and easy to wear for any occasion or event.
(Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is an Avarca?
We are often asked by our customers if Avarca is a brand. It’s not. Avarca is a Type of shoe which dates back to the 19th Century when a peasant on a Spanish island came up with the idea of making sturdy, comfortable and practical sandals for himself by using the rubber tread of an old tyre. These shoes became a hit all over Spain and the Avarca shoe was born. By the 1970s, workshops all over Spain began commercializing these amazing shoes.
Avarca Avenue was a brand created in South Africa by us and our name and brand is copyrighted. Our shoes are handmade in Spain and imported to SA for the pleasure of our customers.
The name Avarca Avenue, its logos and images are our property in terms of the copyright laws of South Africa.
- Where are we based?
As we are an online store, all dealings with the company is done through our website, various social media platforms and via electronic mail. All products available are found on our website and we courier nationwide.
Any queries/ orders can be sent to:
- Liability for Loss / Damage of product
In terms of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, risk and ownership of the product passes to the customer on delivery of the product. We, the suppliers, shall therefore not be liable for loss or damage to the product on receipt of the item by the purchaser.
- Exchange / Return Policy
Should you not be satisfied with your shoe on delivery, we will gladly exchange or refund the customer for same within 7 days of receipt of the shoe. However, return of the shoe will be at the customers costs and further courier charges resulting from an exchange will also by borne by the customer.
There will be no returns or exchanges on sale items.
Returns/ exchanges can be communicated to us via the following email address:
Returns may be accepted should the customer be unhappy with the purchase within the 7 day period mentioned above or in the unlikely instance that that product is defective.
Furthermore, when returning the product:
- The product must be in its original condition.
- The product and its original packaging must be intact. If the shoe has been worn or is returned damaged by the customer, we reserve the right not to accept the return. If the original packaging has been damaged, we reserve the right to not refund the entire amount.
- Returns (where accepted) need to be dispatched back to us within 7days of originally taking delivery. In order for your return to be valid we need to have received a tracking number or the original product within this 7 day window.
- We reserve the right not to accept returns for any reasonable reason. If the return has not been delivered to us within 7 days after first receiving the tracking number, we may assume the product will not be delivered and close off the application to return.
- We reserve the right to refuse to trade, accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between the customer and ourselves, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, the main reason being non-availability of a product. We will notify you if this is the case and return any payment that you have made, and accept no liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
- We will usually aim to refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the product.
- Any competitions held by us are open to all residents in South Africa only.
- Winners are chosen at random.
- Any prizes won in competitions are not transferable for cash.
- There will be no returns or exchanges on prizes.